Some seek it, some not.
Those who seek it, look for it in meditation, travels, drugs, gurus, books or challenges.
I found it, without looking, in photography.
It combines all of the methods above!
- Having your camera in front of your face feels like: meditation
- The camera lets you explorer places, you wouldn’t usually visit: travel
- Looking for, and getting the right “moment”, the perfect shot makes super happy & that is addictive: drugs
- If you are an active photographer you meet many people, some of them inspire you: gurus
- Being in love with photography makes you curious about life and you experience what others only read about: books
- Photography is not about talent. It is more about practice and patience. Constantly improving: challenges.
So, enlightenment, which means for everyone something different, you may get by taking pictures. A lot of pictures.
For me photography, is compared to the movie Matrix – taking the blue pill.