A friend of mine is interested in photography.
I offered to give her some advice. She understood very quickly and could apply the new knowledge immediately!
It was a lot of information! And this is only a tiny part.
But she has potential and with regular practise she will be very fast amazing!
To summarize the most important:
- Be always attentive (even without the camera). You have to train your eye like a muscle.
- Be patient. If you find something interesting, stay with it longer.
- Observe it from different angles.
- Get closer to your subject.
- Don't hurry - Take your time! Slow down, stand still - pay attention to the details.
Photography has a lot of benefits! It teaches you:
- to be more attentive.
- to be more present (and get out of your head)
- to see regular things with different eyes
- to see more much more!
- to connect with other people.
And much more things!
The most interesting for me is:
You start to see people, situations, moments and the past - with different eyes (even without the camera)!