Karla showed me her town Jalostotitlan, Mexico.
My taste! Very surreal.
- People don't say hola (hello) on the streets to greet someone - they say adios (bye). It feels weird at first but if you spend all day there, you get used to it. It's a tiny place and everybody knows everybody. We said "adios" at least 100 times.
But if you leave the place, remember to switch to the regular form of greeting!
- Mannequins are bottomless - both male and female.
- The local food specialty is to eat a kind of Mexican hamburger in a plastic bag. The burger is inside the bag and you bite one corner off and then you eat it through that hole.
- It looks like a war zone. A lot of police walking around with automatic rifles.
- During the day it is very quiet and empty. In the night full of people and music on every corner.
- Very close is an ancient site, where they used to play games. The winner of the game got decapitated.